So as my previous post stated this first week back was a difficult one. The second week back also proved to be very difficult as one of my student's fathers was shot and killed on Tuesday morning. He was also the husband of the woman that owns and runs our cafeteria at school. Needless to say two funerals in two weeks was a very overwhelming way to ring in 2011.
Things have continued to start to look up and get better as this week has begun. The student whose father died has returned to school and we started a new semester this week. Getting excited about teaching some new units has been harder than normal to do, but I think I have finally gotten over the hump and am feeling more positive about things. This week we are going to Zanmorano (a bit outside of Tegucigalpa) for a teacher conference. That should help to pump me up and motivate me. Plus, I never pass up a chance to go to Tegucigalpa. I'm hoping to get to hang out with my host family from my semester abroad again : ) We leave Fri or Sat and come back Tuesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment