Wednesday, January 5, 2011

should have been a quick trip but...

So what should have been a quick 7ish hour trip total back to Honduras ended up taking almost 24 hours.  I left my parents' house at 2:30am on Monday morning to catch my 5:35am flight from Chicago to Miami.  Everything seemed to be going so smoothly until I got on the plane.  Why they even let us on the plane I'm not sure.  Take off time goes by and an announcement is made; the captain is not here yet.  Then the stewardess proceeds to say he is not even at the airport yet.  Two hours later a captain shows up.  Apparently the original captain that was supposed to fly us got ill and it took that long to find a replacement and get him there.  We finally take off after sitting on the plane for 2 hours.
We land in Miami.  I know I'm cutting it SUPER close.  We land at 11:20 and my connecting flight to Miami leaves at 11:40am.  I get off the plane at 11:30 hoping I can run for it.  Nope, no such luck.  I missed it.  So I go to a desk and get on the next flight.  Except the next flight was at 7:20pm.  Awesome, a 7 hour layover.  Not so awesome.  At least they gave me a food voucher for lunch and dinner and bumped me up to first class for my flight.  Great time to have my first First Class experience.  I had ice cream on my flight.  It was great!  Then I arrived in San Pedro and they didn't have my bag.  But there were some people we knew from town waiting to take a church group into town from our flight so we hitched a ride with them.   I finally made it to my house at midnight.  LONGEST DAY EVER!!!!  I went and got my bag yesterday.  All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment