Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Lord giveth and taketh away...blessed be the name of the Lord

    Today I did the thing that I never thought I would do while here in Honduras; I attended a Honduran funeral.  Miss Sandra, the pre-school/kindergarten teacher from school, passed away yesterday from a life long battle with Lupus.  She has had large complications on and off throughout her life and was recently struggling greatly with her disease.  She has not been able to teach since mid September or October and has had many treatments and surgeries.  She was well enough that she was able to join us for our Thanksgiving Dinner celebration at our house, but she quickly got worse again shortly after.
    She was a kind woman with heart of gold.  The children loved her and she will be greatly missed.  Today was a difficult one.  We hopped on a bus to go to her funeral which took place outside at the gravesite.  It was a beautiful ceremony which celebrated her life.  It was obvious she had touched so many lives with the crowd that gathered to return her to the earth.  It is always hard to say goodbye to someone but it was especially hard to watch her husband as he literally buried his own wife.  She leaves behind a husband and two boys (Andres-8th grade and Gabriel-7th grade).  Please keep their family in your prayers.  They have a long road ahead of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment