The first week of school is now under my belt. I feel it was a mostly successful week. Procedures and rules were introduced, through trial and error I learned that I need to talk more slowly depending on the subject, I began to get to know my students, and I sweat A LOT!
The first two days of school my room did not have electricity because of some downed power lines after a large storm. It made for a very dark and toasty day. The morning was bearable, however the afternoon was not so pleasant. After lunch on day 2 my students kept saying "Miss, Miss" in a whining tone. Then one student said, "Miss, my legs are sweating", to which I wanted to reply, "so, my legs are always sweaty". I resisted and instead we went outside and had science class at some tables where there was more or a breeze. Thankfully the rest of the week we had electricity so we had both lights and fans.
I have 24 students who I think I am going to really enjoy teaching. It has been fun to see some of them open up and let me see more of who they are. The second day of school I let my students ask me questions in order to get to know me better. One of the questions they asked me was, "Miss, do you have a boyfriend?" "No", I replied. Their response: "You should get one". Later a student asked, "Miss, have you ever been to Los Angeles?" "No", I replied. The student's response: "You should go there. You should find a boyfriend there". So apparently when I get back to the states I need to go to LA and find a boyfriend.
Towards the end of the week we did an experiment in science class to practice the Scientific Method. We compared two types of dish soap to see which soap, solid soap or liquid soap, would make bigger bubbles. They had a lot of fun. Here are a few pics : )
No comments:
Post a Comment