Thursday, August 19, 2010

do you like piña coladas and getting caught in the rain?

so on Tuesday I was walking through Cofradía with Andrea and Steph making our way through several school supply stores seeing what kind of goodies each place had to offer.  At one point Andrea and I split off and went to another store while Steph looked at another.  Andrea and I stepped out of a store and looked up at the sky.  We were in awe at what we saw. A very dark sky but a gorgeous rainbow.  Probably the brightest rainbow I have ever seen.  Just as we were taking in the beauty a "dust tornado/hurricane" type situation happened.  All of the sudden the air was dark and we could see a swirl of dust and rocks coming towards us.  People started running off of the street taking shelter in their homes and started yelling "huracan".  Andrea and I just kind of looked at each other "what do we do?".  We tried to cover our eyes and not being anywhere near home, we just hid behind a wall around the corner.  We were fine, but quite covered in dust.  Then, it starts to rain.  I mean huge raindrops.  Suddenly the roads of Cofradía started taking their typical form when it rains: muddy, swift river.  It started to POUR.  We ran into a random store to wait it out.  As we are standing in the store looking at the clothes and other items, waiting out the downpour, we realize the store if flooding.  Water is leaking into the stores through the doors because the it is raining so hard.  Finally we decided to venture out once it stopped raining so hard.  We made our way to the house.  Wading through the rivers that were the streets of Cofradía and completely soaking wet.  Sadly there is no piña colada in this tale, but it would have been a great way to end the rainy experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment