Monday, June 21, 2010

"Ready or not, here I come!"

My time here in the states is rapidly coming to a close! I leave for Honduras on July 10th. I hope to use this blog to update friends and family about my adventures. The plan is to update this blog once a week or at the least once every other week : )
While in Honduras I will be living in a house or apartment(don't know which one yet) with the other US teachers(13 of us in total). I will be teaching 6th grade, which I am very excited about! Oddly enough, I will be teaching in English but I have no doubt I will still be using my Spanish on a daily basis probably in the classroom a little and for sure around the community.
Upon arriving in Honduras I will first be spending a couple of weeks living with a family to help learn more about the community, Honduran culture, and San Jeronimo School. During that time I will meet daily with the other teachers to begin preparations for the school year. School starts mid August just like in the States.
During my time in Honduras I will be using the following forms of communication:

email: laureldeeter@gmail.com

skype: deeter105

snail mail: Laurel Deeter
Recomendado Don Wilfredo Fajardo
Barrio El Centro
Cofradía, Cortés
HONDURAS

Best ways to stay in contact me are via email and skype. I do LOVE snail mail so don't hesitate to communicate that way if you enjoy writing letters. Just don't bother sending packages with anything of great value as they will more than likely not make it to me. Little packages will arrive just fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment